Battery issues- Replacement at genius bar procedure?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OverSpun, Mar 19, 2009.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

My battery in the last week totally took a dive. I'll have to charge it 2-3 times to make it through the day and I hardly use it. How do they diagnose and replace it? Is it like ipods where you need to leave it with them for a period of time, because clearly that wouldnt be ideal considering I wouldnt have a phone during that time...

anyone?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Have you done a software restore? A change that happened THAT quickly is likely to be a bug in some program making it constantly check the server or something.

I'd think a hardware problem would occur more slowly. Try restoring the phone in iTunes first and see if that clears it up.

3. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

They will replace it BUT make sure you say you ran the battery completley down then recharged it!

4. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I believe that you do have to leave it with them. If you bought Applecare on the phone or if it is still in the original warranty period the will probably just give you a "like-new" phone as a replacement. I've also heard tales that if it is out of warranty, they offer a temporary iPhone while yours is fixed for $25 but that was not from a source that I feel is very reliable. Hope this helps in some way.

5. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I did a complete software restore a couple days ago... didnt seem to help. I havent changed any software on the phone recently either...

Today, however, the battery lasted much longer than the last couple days... I dont get why either. I'm on a trip at the moment but when I get back I'm going to attempt to 'recalibrate' it as I've read in some threads I searched to see if that helps.