Battery issues try this.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rwwlaw, Jul 20, 2007.

1. rwwlaw macrumors newbie

I couldn't figure out why I was not getting a full charge then I realized my computer was going into standby prior to the full charge. Bet this will solve 1/2 the charging issues LOL

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

I read somewhere that charging *prevents* a computer from going into stand-by mode...

so maybe the issue is that in some cases it's not doing that and then the charging stops.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I think iTunes 7.3.1 is supposed to prevent the computer from sleeping when an iPhone is plugged in? :confused:

4. rwwlaw thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I'm not sure why but frankly I don't care, I have found a way to get a full charge and reset the usage reading every night.

I was charging the phone on the computer, or using the wall plug right into the base of the phone.

Last 3 nights I have used the wall charger plugged into the Dock. Phone charges perfect every night. I even get the "glow" everyone is talking about.

6. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

My iPhone has this cool feature that lets it fully charge every time I plug it in. I think its available in the super secret new firmware update thats is supposed to be released next month, but I got it somehow.

7. sunday888 macrumors member

My battery life is better now than 3 weeks ago. I get two full days on a charge. I don't see a battery issue.

8. SaleenS351 macrumors 6502

what is your usage like? What kind of stats were you getting before? And now?just curious, thanks

9. sunday888 macrumors member

Several calls per day, 20-30 SMS messages, couple hours of iPod/Safari use. Not heavy use, by any means, but it's working for me!

10. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I don't think that is true as my laptop will go on standbye during charging and charging will stop for the phone.

11. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

The manual says...

Not to leave the iPhone connected to a sleeping computer it can drain the battery. You might want to use something like the program caffeine to keep your mac awake... not sure what to do with Win laptops or PCs... but your iPhone will not fully charge on a sleeping anything...