Battery Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fooj, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Fooj macrumors member

I got my Macbook Pro back in November, and love it, but the battery is causing me some concern.

The health is down to 95%, according to istat pro, already, I try my best to use it as apple recommends but its not always possible, the Health seems to go down everytime i cycle it.

According to system profiler, it says 5247mAh, how does this relate?

Has anyone got any tips?

I use my laptop on the train about once a month, and need the good battery life for then, my windows laptop last about half an hour, so i dont want to end up with a laptop like that!

Cheers

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

5500 mAh is the nominal full capacity, but batteries do vary. Have you calibrated it every month or so as Apple recommends?

How many cycles does it have on it?

3. Fooj thread starter macrumors member

Its got 12 cycles on it, and yes i calibrate it every month or so!

i follow what apple reccomends, it says in the system profiler that the battery health is good, but istat pro says 96%

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sounds like you're treating it properly. It hasn't had a really significant drop in life yet, so I'd just keep an eye on it. If you notice it getting down to ~80% within the one-year warranty with not many cycles on it, that would be a good time to contact Apple to see if they'll replace it as defective. But for now it seems like you're doing okay.