Battery issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rhodest, Oct 7, 2008.

1. rhodest macrumors regular

So a about a month ago, my macbook battery stopped working. It had the X in the battery symbol. I figured it was the charger, so I looked my charger and it was "fraying" around the edge; i bought a new charger, but I still had the X. So I took it to a reseller and he said I needed a new battery and that it wasn't the logic board. So I got a free battery from apple through their replacement program (even though my computer is out of warranty). I got my battery today, but I don't think its charging. The light on the power adapter doesn't turn a color and the battery meter always says calculating... When I tried to run down my battery to calibrate, it only took it 10 minutes, even though I had been charging for a couple of hours. This leads me to believe that it never was charging. Whats wrong with my computer? Hopefully it isn't the logic board?

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

There is a tiny and fragile connector from the board to the battery cable that seems to poo the bed with great frequency. You can pick one up on ebay for <$10 I think and with free instructions at ifixit.com, you can do it yourself.

3. rhodest thread starter macrumors regular

Is there any way that I can tell if this will fix it before I do it?