Battery Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deimos256, Mar 30, 2009.

1. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

My current 3g I have had since November, it was a replacement so im assuming its a refurb. Over the past week or so my battery has been draining rather quickly, where ill put it in my pocket and a couple hours later check it and i've lost half on the indicator. I haven't changed any settings and ive actually killed off bluetooth and it still drains quickly. Before I call up and get an appointment, will Apple replace the battery of my phone since im still under warranty? Has anyone else experienced this or went through this with Apple??

2. keeper8504 macrumors newbie

Battery Issues

I Don't believe they will replace your battery, you will likely received a completely new refurb iphone. Thats is what has happened to me in the past at least. Good Luck :)

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Just get it replaced with another 3G iPhone, that's always easier. Have them do the transfer at the store.....

4. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well ill definitely do it in-store, regardless that i have to travel an hour away for a store

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good on ya' OP, keep us advised on the outcome.....

6. diemos macrumors 6502

Try to charge it through the outlet not through PC USB, i've noticed that it actually increases the battery life.

7. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i charge through an outlet every night, going from 5am when i wake up till about 9 am with light use and the battery gets cut in half? no way i used to go from 5 till 330 with that much battery drop, something is definitely amiss.

8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Have you tried re-calibrating it? Sometimes the icon can go totally off what the actual battery life is. There's a guide on how to do it somewhere around here...