Battery issues !?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ploki, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Ploki macrumors 68000

The battery status shows "Service Battery"
    I had to work heavily on battery yesterday, discharged it to 45%, let it like that over the night, i opened it in the morning, the battery shown 35%, i worked on it a little while longer, suddenly, the computer went to sleep and woke up immediately, and battery showed 0% 0:00 and health 60% (from 99%), computer worked like that for another 40minutes, and then i let it discharged for about an hour, after reconnecting and recharging the battery, the condition remains the same.
    Service battery and 60% health.

edit:
    now its charging and stuck at (0:04) for the last half an hour. should i unplug it?

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd take it to an Apple Store or AARC for professional help.

3. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I'd calibrate your battery. Wake it up, let the battery drain til your computer goes to sleep. Leave it there for at least 4 hours, then charge it to 100%.

4. Ploki thread starter macrumors 68000

doesnt work if i dont leave it for 4 hours, right?
    cause i already dicharged/charged it.
    also, it indexed two times. but i guess thats due to power failure (battery draining) and improper disk shutdown. oh well

5. vorkorsigan macrumors member

Hi Ploki

do you tend to leave it connected to power and only occasionally discharge fully? I saw you had about a weekly recharge cycle on average, the MBP batteries don't seem to like running without regular discharge / recharge cycles but weekly should be enough. If however you are leaving on power without discharge for long periods then this could cause what you see.

It could be you have to replace if you have tried recalibration.

Same thing happened to me!

6. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

calibrate your battery, let it run till it shuts down...I do this about every 40-50 cycles and my battery still has 99% health with 150 cycles.

7. Ploki thread starter macrumors 68000

ello

well, since the last "calibration" was more of a quickie, (only let it sit for an hour or so) i discharged it and let it through the night.
    but the funny thing is, it all went to normal even before i completely discharged it! :) so im a happy camper again.
    i then let it discharge and sit through the night anyway, since i was half way there. :)
    it seems running Flash videos takes up more CPU and Battery then running a fullblown Logic Pro 9 project. lol
    well, normal; battery health dropped to 98%, i guess thats due to the fact that i dont discharge it very often. i tend to use it more or less on the power adapter.