Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmcmin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
Hi. I've searched the forums and haven't really seen too much about this exact issue (have seen other battery complaints).

My battery was great before IOS7. But now it seems to drain faster (fine, I'll deal). But my battery will be to 30% or so and I'll use it for a minute and it'll jump to 10% and then turn off. When I go to plug it in, the phone comes right back on and is at 40%. I've already tried a restore and a bunch of other troubleshooting ideas. I'm going to the Apple Store today but I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else?

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Hi. I've searched the forums and haven't really seen too much about this exact issue (have seen other battery complaints).

My battery was great before IOS7. But now it seems to drain faster (fine, I'll deal). But my battery will be to 30% or so and I'll use it for a minute and it'll jump to 10% and then turn off. When I go to plug it in, the phone comes right back on and is at 40%. I've already tried a restore and a bunch of other troubleshooting ideas. I'm going to the Apple Store today but I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else?

Mine will say: 20% battery notification on screen. I click dismiss.

Seconds later, my phones shuts down.

Ios7. Never with Ios6.

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
This happened once with my iPhone 4... and I think it may be a bug..
OP, you are having the issue with which iPhone? I think this might help with diagnosis a bit more.

jmcmin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
This happened once with my iPhone 4... and I think it may be a bug..
OP, you are having the issue with which iPhone? I think this might help with diagnosis a bit more.

Oops! :) iPhone 5.

AJAAY

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2012
I experienced a similar issue just this past weekend. My phone shut off at 15%. I assuming its a bug.

iPhone 5 iOS 7

gtbuzzed

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
I keep the percentage meter turned off. And I plug in whenever possible. I enjoy my phone much more without worrying how much battery is supposedly left.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I keep the percentage meter turned off. And I plug in whenever possible. I enjoy my phone much more without worrying how much battery is supposedly left.
Plugging in whenever possible doesn't really seem like enjoying it much more. Not really knowing when the phone might die once you are below 20% and don't see the exact percentage isn't very helpful.

All that aside, none of that is even all that relevant to the issue a number of people are seeing in iOS 7 where their battery usage jumps around and the phone dies before it gets down to 1%. Even without battery percentage on, with this issue you would get the 20% warning and a minute later the phone would shut down--doesn't seem like not having the battery percentage enabled would really change or help anything in that respect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.