Battery keeps losing 3/4% charge when it is on low charge

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShaunAFC3, May 9, 2016.

1. ShaunAFC3, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016

ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

When the iPad Air 2 is under 40/50% charge left recently when I am not using it, been on stand by for some BIZARRE reason it keeps dropping about 3/4% like every COUPLE of hours now or even only 20/30 minutes and that's with all of the Wifi/Bluetooth being off and the brightness being under half way or at zero and no apps/games running.

This is really annoying because I am not getting the battery life that I was going to get originally because of the 3/4% drop under 40/50% charge. :(

This is definitely getting worse and worse over time and I want to make it bloody STOP!!!! D: D:

And the funny thing is that when it is over 50% charge when I leave it overnight on standby it STAYS on the SAME percentage or sometimes it lose 1/2% but that's all really!!

I really need some help!! So why when it is under 40/50% charge it drops by 3/4% only after a COUPLE OF HOURS or even only 20/30 minutes on stand by with the wifi/Bluetooth and no apps/games running?? How to fix this battery problem?? And DON'T tell me to turn of the battery percentage because that won't happen as I like having the percentage on!!

And I am on IOS 9.3, So should I upgrade to IOS 9.3.1 will that fix the battery problem I am having??

Here is my battery sceen shots and I don't think there is any rogue apps but I am not too sure!! Can someone help me please??
    https://imgur.com/a/py9VQ

Attached Files:

2. brewmonkey macrumors regular

The 'Background Activity' under Chrome is interesting. Forums around the web are full of reports that "Chrome is a battery hog on iOS!" You might try uninstalling it and using Safari (with Adblock Plus, of course...) for a battery cycle or two just to see if that is a possible culprit.

3. ShaunAFC3 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I could try it but I definitely prefer using Google Chrome over Safari on my iPad because it is way better and more fully featured!!

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would try to make do without it for long enough to see if it is hogging the battery.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I've never found Chrome to be a particularly large battery drainer on iOS, and I use it as my primary browser on my iPad. If it accounts for most of my battery usage it's just because I'm using it so much, but the time listed for background activity is almost non-existent. For instance, right now, in the past 24 hours, there's only 1 minute of background activity for Chrome.