Battery killer with iOS5 beta 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wfoster, Aug 13, 2011.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Evening.

I've noticed in the past few days, that I can hardly use my iPhone 4 at all during the day. I have to charge it at least 3 times a day. Currently running the latest beta of iOS5 and yes, I do know it's a beta and I know problems occur during these and battery fixes aren't resolved until the very end beta. I don't need to be told that.

I charged my phone all night and went to work in the morning at 10am with 100% battery. During the day, I noticed my phone was constantly warm in my pocket, even while apps weren't running and the battery was draining rapidly! By lunch time, 12pm, I had 13% battery. I can hardly use my phone now!

Tried turning things like weather off, fetching mail manually and push notifications off - had 10% battery left and wanted to see how long it'd take before I went down to 3% while listening to offline playlists on Spotify, oh gee. Took me all of 6 minutes.

My phone is usable but unbearable. Does anyone have/had the same problem? Solutions?

Much appreciated,
    ~W.

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Restore with beta 5 and set it up as new. Do not use any backup.

3. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

Well that's going to suck.. but if it has to be done!

4. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

That are the issues with betas....

5. wfoster thread starter macrumors 6502a

wfoster

k.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Thats why developers use a back up iphone to install beta on.

Not their primary device.

One of my friends has the ios 5 beta version and let me have a play with his iphone 4. Certainly liking what I see thus far !

A big thanks to all you developers out there who are helping to iron out this awesome looking firmware.