Battery lasts 4 hours

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nitro1, May 20, 2011.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

So my iPhone 4 is JB and until two days ago the battery was fine and now all of a sudden i can get about 4-6 hours out of a full charge. Not really using it. Just sitting in my pocket. So what is going on.

I will do a restore and see but why did this happen? Does not seem like it should just start happening all of a sudden. Also the phone is a new refurb from apple that they warrantied to me. So i do not think the battery is toast.

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

did you install anything new in the past couple days?

3. mrmetro75 macrumors newbie

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

I've jb'd my phone and it would work fine for days. Then randomly (I didn't install anything new/change anything) it would start draining the battery extremely fast (1% every 30 min on standby with wifi off) so I would have to restore to fix the problem.

This has happened twice so far and it has happened on a gp 4.2.1 jb and a redsn0w 4.3.2 jb.

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

First check if you're running any apps in the background. If that's not the problem, make sure you don't have any weird things installed off cydia. If all else fails, restore as new.

6. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

This may be different, but I had battery drain problems with some of the 4.2.x versions of iOS. If you are willing to throw away your chance at unlocking, you might consider upgrading to 4.3.3 and JB-ing that. So far with 4.3.3, I have had excellent battery life, even with a lot of Cydia apps installed.