Battery level stays at 0%?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Huddle, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Huddle macrumors member

Since yesterday my battery level has stayed at 0%, even tho I am charging it.
    What's going on?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Wow.

More details are needed though.

What Mac (obviously one of those portable ones Apple produces), what Mac OS X version do you have?

To find out open System Profiler (either use Spotlight or :apple: > About This Mac > More Info) and take a look at Hardware Overview and also one at Hardware > Power and report back about Cycle count, Health, Capacity.

How old is that Mac?

3. Huddle thread starter macrumors member

Early 2007 Macbook pro, 10.5.8

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

First thing I always tell people no matter what the problem is is to REBOOT. If that doesnt help. Unplug it, and let it die, ignore the warning messages about low battery remaining. Once its fully dead, let it sit for 5 hours, then charge it back up and reboot again.

If that doesnt work call apple.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What about:

And try this of course:

Do you still have warranty?

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I'm not sure, but does your computer have the green battery LEDS on on the side? I dont know when apple started doing that, but if it does, press the button and see what the lights are indicating. Have your dropped the laptop recentley, the only thing I can imagine is that the microprocessor that monitors your battery has been damaged.

7. Huddle thread starter macrumors member

Havent dropped it or anything like that but when I unplug the charger, it turns off instantly. And only works with the charger in

8. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

9. Huddle thread starter macrumors member

No :p

10. Huddle thread starter macrumors member

11. Huddle thread starter macrumors member

Under the surface of the computer there, on the battery there is like a button you can press that will then indicate how much energy you have.
    This doesnt work

12. Huddle thread starter macrumors member

It says Not Charging on the battery icon but the charger is in and glowing

13. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

You have to call apple, call apple or suck it up and leave it plugged in. I dont know what to tell you. I dont think there is going to be anyone here that can help you with this its just not a common problem. Its most likely a defect and will require proffesional repairs which will cost you $$$ unless you are still under warranty. but the only way anything is going to happen to help you is if you call apple.