Battery life 13" i5

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Daginator, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Daginator macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I have the 13" 2012 i5, and i never get more than 6,5-7 hours. 90 % of the time i only have safari running with 1-3 tabs text websites only, and brightness at 35 %, no Bluetooth and no backlit keyboard.

Thought the battery life would be better when I'm not even att 50 % brightness and no video running. How's your battery life?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

3. kylera macrumors 65816

kylera

I think I get close to the approximate battery life Apple advertises. I type for about 20 mins on my way to work, minimum brightness and backlighting (I leave for work at 4AM), use my Air at work for about another hour and a half or so, and get some work done on my way home, but this time with brightness adjusted for the summer sun. Not full brightness, mind you. I usually can squeeze in about 30 to 40 minutes on my way home.

This is all while connected to a portable MiFi-like device for Internet.

By work, it involves having Parallels run Windows 7 in the background for IE needs, and regularly switching between Word and Chrome.

At the end of the day, I have around 60something percent left.