Battery life 2g. NOT what is says on apple.com.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amycishere, Dec 6, 2008.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

elaborate

remember apples estimations are under 'ideal' conditions

3. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

I just couldn't believe how much my battery would go down after playing a not even with it for two hours. It's like at 50 percent now after turning it back on.

4. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

if you are playing a game or using a program that is using the processor, you can kill the battery quickly. play enigmo and you will see

5. jclardy macrumors 68030

jclardy

Playing what? games? The 36 hour estimate is playing music through headphones at an average volume with the screen off and wifi off. Playing games or browsing the internet will cut it down to probably 4-6 hours depending on what you are doing.

6. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

have you calibrated your ipods batter? you stil have to treat it like a laptop. you probably are charging your ipod constantly at a charge above 50 which is bad for you battery.

i have been on an airplane for 10 hours and my ipod touch lasted me the whole ride. music non-stop for about 8+ hours. and it still had charge left in it after the plane ride.

you also might want to take in consideration that your ipod batter could be defective. so take it to an apple store and tell them your problem of the battery life. they might swap out the batter or give you another ipod. if you have warrenty on it that is

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Playing games will drain the battery at least 3 times as fast. No proof, just my own experience.

8. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been playing games and music. I'm going to let the battery completely and see what happens. I don't think I've done that. Is that what you mean by calibrating?

9. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

yes

let it drain. what games have you been playing?

10. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

One thing that I do to help prolong battery life is turn the screen brightness down to around 15%. I don't like the screen too bright anyway.

11. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Crash Racing and Bowling.

See I really should of waited to get my touch until now. I've been in my final college internship and I've literally only had to sit and really play with it until now. I'd played with it little bits to make sure everything worked but I don't believe I ever let it fully drain. Did I ruin the battery?

12. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

Crash is destroying your battery life, it uses the processor quite heavily.

You have not ruined the battery. Just remember to drain the battery about once a month and you should be fine. If you miss a month or three, I wouldnt be worried.

13. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahhh, I suppose Monkey ball uses lots of battery too! Haven't gotten it yet but thanks soo much for letting me know. Had no idea. Thanks for the tip about the battery, will be sure to do that!

14. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

monkeybal l kills mine too. that is why i like playing many of the simple games, so that i can use it throughout the day without having to find a wall outlet or usb port to recharge