battery life 3gs vs 4 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dean04, Jun 20, 2010.

1. dean04 macrumors newbie

Talk time: iphone 4
    Up to 7 hours on 3G;
    up to 14 hours on 2G

Talk time:iphone 3gs
    Up to 5 hours on 3G;
    up to 12 hours on 2G

Standby time:
    Up to 300 hours for both how can this be the same ? anyone thanks ?

2. dmize31287 macrumors regular

When you go into standby, its the same as hibernation basically. Considering the better battery life, my guess is that the multitasking in the 4 while being in standby may bring it down to the 300 hour mark.

3. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

Because of the new hardware, different processes require different amounts of power. It is not a 1:1 ratio.

4. Gigzz macrumors regular

The battery life of my 3GS is awful. If the 4 is more inline with what I'm seeing from my iPad, I'll be a happy traveller.

5. dean04 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

The battery life of my 3GS is fine.

7. Savor Suspended

Savor

If I can get at least over 10+ 2G talk time and over 30+ hours worth of music, I'm content. This iPhone matches the longest hours of the bigger and latest iPods.

I used to talk to my girlfriend for 5-10 hours and I remember hating to charge it after 3-4 hours again with my Nokia N82. Now its battery life is crapping out on me and the indictator is no longer accurate. A new phone is practically mandatory for me to get because of my current one's unreliability.

Battery life is very important to me. I can talk on the phone for hours without knowing 2-3 hours have passed. Most Androids are packing faster chips in their phones, but they are obviously taking a hit on battery the faster they become.

I hear the iPad has excellent battery life. So glad Apple added the A4 chip to their latest iPhone. This A4 chip is supposed to be energy efficient, so I like my chances that the battery life should be great especially if you compared it to the other Snapdragon-driven Android phones out there.