battery life 40 minutes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Troyte83, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Troyte83 macrumors regular

I think John C. Dvorak has it out for the iPhone, his latest claim is once again against the iPhone. Supposedly the battery is only going to last you about 40 minutes, and the interface likes to crash a lot. i really don't believe this is true. i think apple would of made this a priority when first designing the iphone.
    http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/04/iphone_dead_aft.html [via information week]

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

This has been mentioned...Dvorak is hardly the most reliable source...

3. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

4. MacbookSwitcher macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

As I said in the other thread, this is certainly plausible, as the iPhone is pre-release and probably has a number of bugs.

However, I highly doubt it will ship with 40 minutes of battery life.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Someone just has it out for the iPhone....there is now way Apple would ship with 40mins of battery life. Most likely his source was simply overstating what they thought was a battery life problem.

6. Troyte83 thread starter macrumors regular

well the source of this information was a cingular rep, i really dont think that they have much knowledge or are even testing iphones. it just doesnt seem true

7. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Apple is not stupid and will not let this happen.

8. jesteraver macrumors 6502

Dvorak is just an idiot. No clue why people listen to him when he speaks he just wastes our precious oxygen. I hope that dinosaur dies soon.

9. Shanesan macrumors 6502

Shanesan

LOL! :p

I love how people eat up Dvorak's blunt lies. 40 minute of battery life. HA!! Apple is a BUSINESS. They're not the government. They can't make a **** product and expect it to be a hot item.

The interface likes to -- DVORAK NEVER HAD HIS HANDS ON AN IPHONE EVER.

Seriously guys, there's a difference between rumor and a sad old man who needs to make Mac people angry to get his ratings up. Jeez.

10. donniedarko macrumors regular

Why would the guy lie...? Im sure he values his credibility as much as you your opinion here. Why wouldnt those comment be based on constant audio play, or heavy app usage.

I think its funny that anything plausibe with a hint of a kink in the Apple product armour is poo poo'd.

They are develpong a product... Developing, and perchance it isnt who cares... most here are all going to line up and get one regardless right?

As Allan Watts said the word water never got anyone wet...

Lighten up

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Have you seen his other articles? He think Apple should stop the iPhone now...this is coming from a man who has never used the thing!

Not to mean his source is "an iPhone tester"...no reason proff he's even talked to anyone who has used an iPhone, and even if he has, he only talked to the person.

12. robPOD macrumors 6502

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I wouldn't be surprised by a 1h 30 minute battery life from Apple, as Apple has released products with low battery life compared to the competition, but not 40 minutes.

14. HonorableFool21 macrumors newbie

Insight?

All this is pure speculation and Hearsay I hardly trust a man who seems to be biased about the poor qualities of a product and claimes his resource as an inside source! However he does bring up a good point. 1 Battery? its certainly plausible with all ipod models Im aware of it only has its origional battery and as for people who live by there phone it just doesnt sound all that apealing maybe something to think for on the 2nd Gen...

- D

15. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

16. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Yeah, the only Dvorak I trust is the dude who composed the New World Symphony.

17. rayward macrumors 65816

Apple say that there'll be 5 hours talk/video/browsing and 16 hours audio. The 5 hours talk time is about average for a cell phone, the 16 hours audio is a little less than an equivalent Nano (presumably because the device is being a cell phone while it's also being an iPod).

You're going to have to recharge this thing pretty regularly...perhaps every night as it's not possible to swap out the battery. It's not the greatest battery solution out there, but truthfully there's no other device to compare this to. For example, the Motorola Krzr has 6.7 hours talk time, but they don't say how long it'll go as a music player.

18. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Yes, I'm sure Apple would release a product with only 40 minutes of battery life. They are stupid like that. I love Devorak.

19. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

I thought somewhere along the line we were supposed to hear about new features with the iPhone that have yet to be announced. Is there anyone who has heard the same thing? Sources, please.

My bet, if true, would be some integration with Leopard along with the Top Secret FeaturesTM that have been driving us nuts. Obviously.

-=|Mgkwho

20. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well according to SNL, it will last us a mind-boggling 20 minutes.

21. Photo Monkey macrumors member

Dvorak's a prick.

Just had to get that off my chest.

All production phones have poor battery life. Try using a pre-production Nokia or Sony and you'll suffer the same problem.