Battery Life after 5 days with the Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gui0312, Apr 29, 2015.

1. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

Hey guys, sorry if its been discussed.

How many have been experiencing issues with the battery life? For example, I bought two watches a SG sport 42mm and a SS 38mm (wife). I found the first 2 days the battery seemed outstanding on my sport. I had done a run or two with it and still had about 35% after a 15 hour day of use (from 8AM or so till about 11PM) I also monitored my music through the watch even though my bluetooth headset was connected to the phone. Now for the past two days, I have been experiencing a decline, today for example I have only used it since about 8AM and as of 11AM it's at 80% my wife hasn't reported good battery since the beginning claiming just about 10% after getting home at about 6PM. I know there isn't any difference with regards to the internals of the watch between the Sport and SS but hers has been having a less than stellar battery compared to "my sport".

We don't have anything extravagant installed on the watch except for the normal glances and notifications. The haptic is set to mid and the brightness has been toned down to the minimum. I had installed one app since which was the The Weather Channel but I later deleted it as I didn't see the big deal when I already had the default weather from Apple.

I love the watch but I am kind of worried about the battery life on a more active day especially the wife's which was a bit more pricey...:confused:

2. mrboba1 macrumors regular

Step 1: Quit the iPhone's Watch App.

Leaving it running has caused some people some battery problems.

3. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

Hmm. Does that limit the watch working in any way? Notifications, activity tracking etc.? Thanks!

4. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Nope

5. gui0312 thread starter macrumors 6502

gui0312

Also btw, I checked my usage statistics on both watches and they are Usage: 1hr 10 min. and Stand-by: 3hr. 39 min. They both report pretty much the same give or take a couple of minutes.

6. Lbkulinski macrumors newbie

My watch was at 95 percent when I put it in it's box last night. This morning it was at 32. That worries me.

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

was it far away from your phone. I think that if it has the credentials from your phone for the wifi in your home, and it's far enough away from the phone to lose the BTLE connection, it will connect to the wifi and THAT would use a lot more power if left on.

8. Lbkulinski macrumors newbie

It was about 10 feet away. I'll probably charge it tonight and put it on airplane mode or turn it off.