Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missingplugin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
I've been researching this for a while and have probably spent a few hours trying to see if anyone has had the same problem, and I've had no luck, so here I am!

Here is my problem:

I've had this iPhone 5 for about 3 months. I don't get 4G in my area so I'm only on 3G and I have gotten fantastic battery life. I'd make it through my whole day with 50% left. That includes using twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and web browsing. I also text a lot and used location services and iCloud backup. I would have roughly 6 hours of usage a day with around 20 hours or more of standby.

I jailbroke and didn't really like it much. I never had battery issues jailbroken either. So I restored the phone. I didn't restore from a backup. Not even iCloud. I set it up as a new phone. My battery life is now awful. I updated to 6.1.3 with no luck there either. I'll post a screenshot below. I'm taking it into the Apple store on Wednesday, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Things I've tried:
Restore from prejailbreak backup
Restore from prejailbreak iCloud backup
Restore and setup as a new phone
Disable iCloud
Drain battery to 0 and charge from there
Charge to 100 and turn it off and back on to calibrate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 199

erichess22

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2013
I've been researching this for a while and have probably spent a few hours trying to see if anyone has had the same problem, and I've had no luck, so here I am!

Here is my problem:

I've had this iPhone 5 for about 3 months. I don't get 4G in my area so I'm only on 3G and I have gotten fantastic battery life. I'd make it through my whole day with 50% left. That includes using twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and web browsing. I also text a lot and used location services and iCloud backup. I would have roughly 6 hours of usage a day with around 20 hours or more of standby.

I jailbroke and didn't really like it much. I never had battery issues jailbroken either. So I restored the phone. I didn't restore from a backup. Not even iCloud. I set it up as a new phone. My battery life is now awful. I updated to 6.1.3 with no luck there either. I'll post a screenshot below. I'm taking it into the Apple store on Wednesday, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Things I've tried:
Restore from prejailbreak backup
Restore from prejailbreak iCloud backup
Restore and setup as a new phone
Disable iCloud
Drain battery to 0 and charge from there
Charge to 100 and turn it off and back on to calibrate

Is there any new apps that you have downloaded lately?

missingplugin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Is there any new apps that you have downloaded lately?

No, I have kept the same apps on both iPhones. I tend to just keep the core apps that I need and I don't change them. They are mainly the popular ones too, like evernote, stock twitter, stock facebook, chrome, and gmail.

missingplugin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
any gelocation services mb eats ur battery?

I only use location for photos, facebook, twitter, instagram, and evernote. I used to use more location services prior to Jailbreak, and I even turned off some system services. This is just really strange. I'm definitely just going to take it in and hope they replace it.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I've had a similar problem once. Turned out there was an e-mail in the outbox that for some reason wouldn't send, so the phone kept trying to push it out to no avail, which sucked the juice right out of the battery. Deleted the e-mail, rebooted the phone and it was fine again.

So, if you've tried all that resetting, restoring and what have you maybe you have the same kind of issue? The problem being elsewhere and keeps on happening since it's not helped by fixing anything locally on the phone?

If you download XCode, register your phone and open Instruments, you can see an activity monitor for the phone. Maybe you'll be able to find some information there? Or in the crash logs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.