Battery Life After Jailbreak

applejooce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Anyone notice battery being worse after jailbreaking?

I havent because I literally just jailbroke last night, but was wondering since the 4S has had complaints with bad battery life stock, do you think jailbreaking will have ill effects on battery life?

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
My battery life is exactly the same. Jailbreaking in itself doesn't affect battery life in any way, it's all in the tweaks you install.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine is probably down an hour or two from what regular performance was. I took it off the charger at 6am cst and it's now at 80%. I've been in class since 8am and haven't really used it that much.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
My 4S battery life seems just as good as before the jailbreak

Installed apps:
SBSetttings (I love that I can use this in the notification center!!)
Winterboard (though the only thing enabled is remove app labels)
Fullscreen Safari
Pandora Skip
5 icon dock
Siri Toggles
FakeClockUp

applejooce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Thanks guys, good to hear!

Joshwithachance, good point... never thought about that! I'm new to jailbreaking!

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks guys, good to hear!

Joshwithachance, good point... never thought about that! I'm new to jailbreaking!
All jailbreaking does is to give you admin rights on your phone. thats it. it doesn't do anything else. its the stuff you install from cydia that determines how your phone reacts. just like having admin rights on your pc/mac doesn't do anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.