Battery Life = Amazing!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by CharlieBrandt09, Apr 25, 2015.

1. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Put the watch on at around 8:00am today, it is now after 4:00pm and it is still at 83%. Granted, it isn't under heavy use, but it is under what I will consider normal use for everyday. I am impressed!

Now, let's see what happens when I try out the 10 app with my Phantom drone later at sunset.

2. whatos macrumors 6502a

Battery life is something I'm tracking.

But to judge so soon can be dangerously misleading. You're likely setting yourself up for disappointment. That's not saying it'll be bad, but what your choosing to believe has no track record to back it up.

It's meaningless.

----------

Are you a voyeur, or why would you have a drone?

3. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

I agree 100%. I've had mine on from 7:30am-4:22pm, using it quite a bit, and have 61% left. I don't see what the big deal is charging every night.

4. Phima256 macrumors regular

I agree. I got my watch at 5pm and charged it and by 10pm it was at 50%. I was really disappointed but figured I'd suspend judgement until I had more time with the watch. So far, after a morning charge at 9am and moderate use, it's at 68% at almost 4:30. That's better than the previous day, but we just don't know until we have more time with it.

5. CharlieBrandt09 thread starter macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Because I am a tech geek and a photography enthusiast. Nothing "voyeuristic" about it!

Attached Files:

6. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Good for you guys. Mine is much worse then expected. Maybe I really have a lemon. Put it on this morning at 7 am. At 8 pm the watch went into power savings mode. I didn't play with it a lot. I would say normal use case. The only thing I did do is to use the activity tracker while walking for around 90 minutes. Maybe that did run the battery down?

7. Danny80y macrumors member

Mine started the day at 8am full.. Day out with med use and it's now at 60%. Thinking I may just charge between the time I wake up and leave for work as apple says a 0-80% takes just 1.5 hours.....brill

8. greatcapp macrumors newbie

I was quietly impressed yesterday when I used it after it was delivered.

I turned it on around 11AM, and after using it a fair amount, including initial setup, I'd started at around 75% and by 9PM, after a 45 minute run, i was at around 30% still.

Today, It came off charge at 8.30AM @ 100% and after using a fair bit, not constant, but pretty often, it now 21.30, so after 13 hours I'm still at 57%.

When i compare it to the Samsung Gear Live that I had with my HTC M8 - that was using roughly 10% per hour with similar usage. Almost every day, I'd be down to 20%ish by late afternoon/early evening at best.

Considering the Apple watch has only a 205mAh compared to the Gear Live @ 300mAh (approx), I'm pretty damn impressed. I had been assuming the Apple Watch would be pretty much on a par with the Android watches.

9. leenak macrumors 68020

I don't know if Amazing is what I'd describe but it does seem to be going for a full day.

10. whatos macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I meant to put a :) but went too fast and forgot.

I think using a drone as a photographer would be so much fun.

11. Steedie86 macrumors member

Steedie86

Agreed

Over 12 hours use since full charge, a lot of heavy use at that and I'm only down to 61%.

12. whatos macrumors 6502a

Apples engineers are sharp, they do a great job considering Apple doesn't give them much room.

13. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm at 54% and I've had mine on since just before 7:30 this morning.

I'm reserving judgment.

14. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

Took off the charger at 9AM, it's now 4:40PM and I have 56% left. Better than yesterday because I haven't been using it much. The exercise app took 20% away. I wonder why... it'd be wonderful if I didn't exercise everyday.