Battery Life and Boot time

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by reclusive46, Jun 26, 2011.

1. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

I was curious. How is battery life on OS Lion and how much longer is the boot time?

2. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I'd like to know this too!
    I've got a 15 inch late-2008 MacBook Pro and plan on getting Lion the second it comes out... hope it's not too harsh on the battery life!

3. ajcrow93 macrumors member

Battery seems 'bout the same to me, although gfxcardstatus isn't working right on my 2011 mbp so its launching the discrete card all the time even though i don't want it to, flattening the battery faster than it should.

Boot time I would expect to be better after public release, as at the moment its definitely slower than 10.6.

4. lfc macrumors regular

On that, and related to battery life; developers will be able to decide if their app only needs to use the integrated GPU or not, so that will be a good battery boost once developers update their apps to take advantage of this.

5. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

I mentioned this in a similar thread, these values for Lion are not set in stone yet, there is still a lot of optimization to be done which could have a serious impact on these values before release.

All I can say is don't get your hopes up that X will be faster in Lion. Revisit this on release day, I'm sure someone will give you exact results.:p

6. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

how is the battery gonna be on my iMac 21.5"?