Battery life and overheating ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xxxamazexxx, Sep 24, 2010.

1. xxxamazexxx macrumors member

These I found to be 2 major concerns with the new iPod Touch (the rest is wonderful, but I shall not rave about it yet).
    It seems that the battery is drained rather quickly. Mine can only last 15-20 hours under heavy use (surfing, recording video, playing games, watching youtube, ...).
    The second issue is that it tends to heat up around the upper back just after a few minutes of watching youtube videos or playing games. A few users have reported the same problem; I wonder if it is due to some kink in the new A4 processor and if it is a normal/tolerable occurrence. Anybody wants to share some thoughts ?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Neither of these are issues. The battery life is very good and it will always get hot.

3. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

15-20 hours for heavy use is pretty good. The heating is common but it isn't an issue.

4. Usernames Suck macrumors member

does the mbp get a little hot. Yes. Do (most) people complain about it? No. The A4 processor has brought a little heat to the ipod touch. Don't worry about it.

5. xxxamazexxx thread starter macrumors member

Thanks :). I guess that the battery issue is a mere impression. For 3 years I had been using a 3rd gen nano which only operated a few hours a day and thus could last a week. But now my new iPod Touch is doing my laptop's job and indeed outperforming it battery-wise :eek:

6. Jazz2 macrumors newbie

my ipod reached above 40 C / 104 F when playing espgaluda 2. I used a temperature tape to measure at the top part of the ipod on the metal casing. So its above the apple recommended 35 C, will this be okay?

7. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

High temperatures are not good fot lithium-ion batteries. They tend to decrease capacity quickly when exposed to heat.