Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Tampa, FL
I am sure most people want some good battery life enhancers, so I figured I could start a thread for iOS 7 compatible battery boosters! If it needs a special repo let us know!

djplaxe2109

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2013
There were a ton of apps/tweaks you could install that would help you get better battery life. They could auto switch off things you aren't using.

Been jailbreaking for years and I don't recall such a tweak. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I think if it was widely used I would remember it. Ask the folks on MMI, most of them have been around for a while as well.

fwiw, what do you use that is draining battery?

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I think the only thing you can really do is uninstall a tweak that might be causing more of a drain. :/

Controllers for All started sucking mine in a big way. Not sure if it was that tweak or one of the SIX OR SEVEN DEPENDENCIES it added, but they all had to go. :(

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Been jailbreaking for years and I don't recall such a tweak. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I think if it was widely used I would remember it. Ask the folks on MMI, most of them have been around for a while as well.

I think the TS is referring to tweaks that force close apps etc

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
One of my favorite tweaks is to disable data when connected to wifi. Activator does this perfectly, if you are connected to wifi a lot this works great

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Tampa, FL
You mean like BatteryDoctorPro?
Does that work with iOS 7, I believe that was the one.

One of my favorite tweaks is to disable data when connected to wifi. Activator does this perfectly, if you are connected to wifi a lot this works great

Thats a good idea as well

Its not draining, its just not great, after 30% it drains but the first 70% lasts most of the day

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
Does that work with iOS 7, I believe that was the one.

Not yet. I believe they are working on an update though. I'm hesitant to use it though after all the controversy with it disabling radios etc. I think some people had to restore their phones to fix the issues.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Tampa, FL
Not yet. I believe they are working on an update though. I'm hesitant to use it though after all the controversy with it disabling radios etc. I think some people had to restore their phones to fix the issues.
Thats not good... I might try activator

Dr.arif

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2014
I am sure most people want some good battery life enhancers, so I figured I could start a thread for iOS 7 compatible battery boosters! If it needs a special repo let us know!
I think the tweak you looking for is -BATTSAVER FOR IOS7
Available in big boss repo for $3.99.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.