Battery Life by App... Not Working. Argh

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by gavroche, Oct 10, 2014.

1. gavroche macrumors 6502a

gavroche

My battery life by app is not working. See screen shot. Says that it will be available after a few minutes usage... but as you can see in the screen shot it has over 7 hours usage and still nothing. I have since drained it until the phone died... fully charged it... rebooted.. and still nothing.
    Any ideas of a fix?

Attached Files:

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

3. gavroche thread starter macrumors 6502a

gavroche

Reboot has done no good.

There is a small thread here of people having similar problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6590552

Common theme would seem to be that each of us had restored a phone from a backup. The only person that seems to have gotten it working again had drained it to 0%.... myself and some others have done this to no avail. Reboots and Reinstalling from backup over again has not helped either. Frustrating.

4. Solver macrumors 6502a

I had this issue at one point. I also had the usage and standby numbers equal at one point. I also had "Hangouts" show that it used 100% of the battery at one point. Everything is working normally now. It was like one morning, it just worked.

5. Andropov macrumors regular

Andropov

Same problem here... I'll try to drain the battery to 0% when I have time and report

6. gavroche thread starter macrumors 6502a

gavroche

Update: Today it started showing battery usage by app. Nothing has changed in the last week with the phone or the operating system (no updates or anything)... so i really have no clue why it suddenly decided to start working. But now it is.