Battery Life by App... Not Working. Argh

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
My battery life by app is not working. See screen shot. Says that it will be available after a few minutes usage... but as you can see in the screen shot it has over 7 hours usage and still nothing. I have since drained it until the phone died... fully charged it... rebooted.. and still nothing.
Any ideas of a fix?

Attachments

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Reboot has done no good.

There is a small thread here of people having similar problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6590552

Common theme would seem to be that each of us had restored a phone from a backup. The only person that seems to have gotten it working again had drained it to 0%.... myself and some others have done this to no avail. Reboots and Reinstalling from backup over again has not helped either. Frustrating.

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I had this issue at one point. I also had the usage and standby numbers equal at one point. I also had "Hangouts" show that it used 100% of the battery at one point. Everything is working normally now. It was like one morning, it just worked.

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Update: Today it started showing battery usage by app. Nothing has changed in the last week with the phone or the operating system (no updates or anything)... so i really have no clue why it suddenly decided to start working. But now it is.