Battery Life decreased over night...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by esadb, Feb 22, 2009.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

I have 82 cycles with a 93% battery life and my battery life for some odd reason decreased from about ~3.5hours down to 1.5hours in a matter of a day since just the other day it was fine..

Just now im typing up a lab report and my battery life dropped by 20% within 20minutes.. of just using word and safari to read the lab manual..

I dont know whats wrong and why but its bothering me, same with the macbook the fans spinning up pretty fast which it doesnt do usually and all i got running is safari and office word.

about 2 weeks ago i re calibrated my battery.

Any ideas?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Look into the Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities) if any programme might eat up the CPU. Select all processes an sort by CPU.

Otherwise the fan wouldn't start, it has to cool the machine if it gets hotter.

Does the MacBook feel warm/hot above the F1 to F6 keys?

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

No it doesnt really feel hot.. i mean the thing has been off since yesterday and i just turned it on not even an hour ago...

I checked the activity monitor and the highest cpu usage is activity monitor at 2.1.

The fans are running at 6200rpm according to istat pro..

Clearly somethings messed...

4. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Issue Resolved... :)

What happened was that i opened Activity Monitor but since im still new to the macs, i didnt see in the upper right corner was a option for "All Processes" so once i discovered that and set it to all i saw that LexmarkDriver thing was using 99.7 the CPU...

so that explained the battery drain aswell the fan noise.. So im happy now its all good, it did drain my battery down lol

5. aluminumapple macrumors regular

ouch.

although remember if your battery gets drained, you could get another free one if your covered in applecare ; )