Battery Life Dramatically Improved

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kolax, Nov 16, 2013.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Since updating to iOS 7.0.4 and Facebook Messenger being updated, I'm seeing far less battery drain. I'd point my finger more to Facebook Messenger probably being more optimised and less of a battery hog though.

Anyone else seeing better battery? My usage has stayed the same with all the usual apps open.

2. PNutts, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It sounds like you're on track. I've seen many battery threads mention Facebook.

3. Nex23 macrumors newbie

Nex23

My iPad 2 battery usage seems to have improved from the last update , but not much so far . :mad:

4. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I've never had battery life like this on iOS 6. It very well could be Facebook have sorted out their messenger app hogging battery, or iOS 7.0.4 is far better.

I've had to charge my phone previously every night, and sometimes during the day so it'd last. I went to bed with it at 45%, and I didn't put it in to charge, so I'm quite happy with these improvements, whatever the cause!

Attached Files:

5. hafr macrumors 68030

I don't use Facebook messenger, but I do use the regular Facebook app. I can't be certain if the change occurred before or after upgrading to 7.0.4, but somewhere there did my battery start acting like it was on the Armstrong diet...

I used to get around 8h usage, now I'm rocking 10+.

6. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

Hm, mine seems worse since upgrading to 7.0.4. Idk if it's my usage or the upgrade at fault, though.

7. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

Seems to have been related to icloud syncing of Documents & Data. I turned that off and think the issue is solved.

Somehow the toggle to use cellular data was "stuck" on off- I could turn it on, but if I left the settings app and reopened it, the switch was toggled back to off again.

Still don't know if it's 7.0.4 related (just started a couple days ago), but fixed now. Hopefully.

8. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

Nope. Phone no longer gets absurdly hot, but battery drops about a percent a minute if it's not on the charger (while listening to music on Match with Bluetooth headphones). Also charges verrry slowly.

Only happens at work, when I'm on LTE. Seems fine in my car on LTE, and no problems at all at home, on wifi.

I didn't have this problem before I updated iOS.

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Try turning off WIFI when you are at work. I found that if WIFI is on and it is constantly looking for a network it kills the battery very quickly.

10. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

Do you have poor LTE signal?