battery life dying extremely quickly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Arushan, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Arushan macrumors member

Yesterdayy I had a 100% before I went to sleep at about 10:30 I wake up today at 9:30 it's at 91% just in the past 2-3 mins I've been typing this on 3G it went down to 87%

And I have nothing running in the background during the night

2. Arushan thread starter macrumors member

3. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey Arushan,

Im feeling your pain as my phone is draining its battery big time !
    Im running an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1 installed, prior to 4.1 it was fine !

Let's hope that 4.2.1 improves battery life !

4. gh0001 macrumors member

5. Anapplecsr macrumors newbie

Article is missing one of the main problems in regards to battery life. Make sure u have closed out of your apps in the multitasking menu.

6. johnoporritt macrumors member

Well if you read his post you would see that he mentioned that he had nothing running in the background so your post was pretty pointless

7. St8kout macrumors regular

I was about to start a thread on this but I see I'm not the only one. Thanks for the battery link. I'll check it out.

My battery drain seems to have started when I got the AOL radio app about 2 weeks ago. I normally spend about 30 minutes a day checking the news and sports with the radio playing in the background, then I stop the app, turn off 3g and cellular data, then shut down the phone. By the next day the battery is down to about 40-50%. The other day I found the battery completely drained.

Having to charge it daily seems excessive especially on days when I don't get many phone calls.