Battery life & fitness

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by unixphone, May 25, 2015.

1. unixphone macrumors regular

Not sure is this normal. My watch loses 1% every hour in general. When I had the work out app on during my outdoor bike ride today, it loses about 10% to 13% per hour.

I am okay with the normal use but it is bit frustring for outdoor work out battery life. It is not like i can charge my watch while i am biking.

2. Bob190 macrumors 6502

That's about my experience as well. I ride about 2-3 hours a day most days and usually lose about 30% off the battery. That's about what I was expecting. I just drop it on the charger when I get back and during the time I am showering and getting dressed it is recharged to where it was pre-ride.

It's all in line with what Apple published in their battery life docs.

3. Packfan99 macrumors member

Packfan99

I do the same type of thing, tracking my workout walking the dog for an hour or 2, and then go to the gym and track my workouts there. It's usually down to around 73 percent when I take it off to take a shower. By time I put it back on, it's back up to 99 percent.

4. jaredbtaylor macrumors newbie

Same for me. But if you turn off heart-rate monitoring (under privacy in settings), the battery life is excellent. Cycled for 10+ hours the other day with 17% battery left. A compromise, I know. But good for longer workouts.

5. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

turn off the consistent heart rate monitoring during workout feature. When working out your watch will consistently take your heart rate and collect data... so naturally it will drain the battery more. Like any popular fitness watch when it's in the active/workout mode it's collect more data so the battery drains more. I usually just put my watch on the charger (along with my phone and wireless bluetooth headset) while showering/changing after a workout. Charging should be part of your post workout routine.