Battery life fluctuating

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hohohong, Jul 13, 2007.

1. hohohong macrumors 6502

I normally have my battery in percentage. When i change it to time left (96%), it fluctuate from 1:40 to 2:06 -> 1:20 -> 1:58,... But shouldn't battery be 5hr (3 hr to be reality)?

I have my slingbox, Firefox, skype, yahoo messenger running. Brightness is on level 9 (max at level 16). I have the new SR MBP.

Is there something wrong?

2. hohohong thread starter macrumors 6502

What is your battery life? I'm concerned I have defective battery that might explode.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

The OS will estimate the battery life based on the charge level and the current draw. So say you have a charge level of 4800mAh and you're drawing 1200mA, it will estimate about 4 hours left. But if you do something that causes the current to change, to say 1500mAh, the OS will lower the estimated time to 3h20m. That's likely what's happening here.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Yeah, battery life estimates are always based on present power usage. The computer can only estimate for you; it doesn't have precognition. Have you calibrated the battery yet? You should probably do that if you haven't. It does help a lot.