Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Battery Life for S6 with limited use?

ikkysleepy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2014
Can someone who seldom uses their Apple Watch S6 tell me what their battery life is? I currently have a Withings Steel HR watch and I use it to track my steps and sleep. I am thinking about getting an S6 for the reminder to move feature, ability to unlock my macbook, and the social aspect of competing with other apple watch users. I am just worried about battery life and having to charge the watch everyday. Notifications will be turned off. I do like the heart rate monitor for when I do exercise but I guess I won't be using the smart features in this smartwatch very often. I want a watch that is going to be reliable for the next 3 years and reminds me to move. So, I previous bought 2 apple watches (1st Gen, 2nd gen) and returned them within 14 days because I could not deal with the battery life being so short. I am looking to get 48 hours battery life but not sure if this is realistic or not. Thanks

UBS28

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2012
I have to charge it everyday. But I also train about 2 hours per day (in the weekend even longer) and have all features enabled with many apps installed.

Maybe if you do absolutely nothing with it, maybe you will be able to squeez 2 days of battery life out of it. But I don't see the point of using an Apple Watch this way.

Reactions: akash.nu

Never mind

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2018
Dunedin, Florida
I use it for first step counting and use the heart rate and oxygen sensor a few times per day. I get maybe two or three texts per day, and keep it on my wrist at night, not for sleep tracking, but that’s all and I get almost 2 days or just slightly less.

Reactions: ikkysleepy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.