Battery life Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PeterNLD1981, Oct 27, 2014.

1. PeterNLD1981 macrumors newbie

Well i am thinking of getting the iPhone 6 Plus when i have enough money and i wonder how is the battery life between these 2 phones? I have my Galaxy S4 just over a year and i have to charge my phone 2 times a day which really bothers me. I did have an iPhone 4 before and i remember that the battery sucked so much.

2. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

I just switched to the plus and couldn't be happier. Mine was even rooted giving me the opportunity to tweak the kernel. The battery life is still twice as good as my S4. Of course YMMV.

Audio is much better also, something I was hoping for as the S4 speaker was tinney and when on speaker phone, not good. Talking about voice calls, music wasn't bad.

Screen is much nicer to read also. Something my old eyes needed. My plus runs smooth with no issues as far as i know, since I don't use all of them. The only thing not happening for me is icalendar not syncing to icloud. All other emails sync fine. But, it may be me and I don't need it. GMail doesn't do push on ios but there are third party email apps to correct that. Again, no big deal for me though.

I am actually amazed at how well it runs with 1gb ram. Something I was concerned about prior to purchase. Android needs at least 2 and then is still not as smooth on my S4. Of course when i look at my 30 or so apps on the plus to over 300 with ATT and Samsung Touch Wiz I understand why.

All in all it is the best phone I have owned. And since my son and his wife are 2 decade hardened Apple users and live at opposite ends of the state, I am now on the same "ecosystem" with them and have more communication with my son over the phones then I did on Android. He is not a Google fan.

Unless you are a heavy custom rom flasher, don't think you can go wrong with the plus. :apple::apple:

3. PeterNLD1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only thing is i don't have super big pockets in my jeans (i have 2 where a 3DS XL fits in when i am walking altho very tight but able to sit and walk up and down the stairs) and i don't carry a bag with me when it's summer hehe, and i worry bit about bent gate. i doubt that there are ONLY 9 knows complaints about the bending that i heard from Apple...

What i actually do the most is listening music with Spotify and use the Facebook app regularly. But i might use it more often for movies (HD)

4. Bahroo macrumors 68000

I just came from a Galaxy S4 that was tweaked and hooked up for speed and battery life and I even had a bigger battery in my S4 (2800 mAh vs stock 2600 mAh) and it still died alot and fast, the 4.7 iPhone 6 (which i have now) gets noticeably better battery life then the S4 that i had with even a bigger battery then stock.

The plus gets few more hours of battery life then the 4.7 inch iPhone 6, both offer alot better battery life then the S4 like ALOT better

IPhone 4 here is absolutely no comparison, 6 and 6 Plus utterly blow away the iPhone 4's battery life

----------

The thinness and lightness of the Plus it what makes it ton better to hold in pocket and pocketability although it isnt the most comfortable comfortable fit, the thinness and lightness really takes away alot of discomfort and bulge in pocket, any other phablet or phone around the size of the Plus (Note 4, Note 3 etc) feels more like a brick in the pocket due to thickness

5. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

Can't speak to the jeans. Don't wear anything with small pockets. I would go to a store like Apple and ask to try phone out in your pocket. They did for me.

On bending, would not worry. My HTC One S had all kinds of complaints on the XDA forums on screen cracking from same issues. A whole sub-forum on it. Someone did some math and figured it may have amounted to 1/10 of a percent of all phones bought. I know that is subjective, but if your careful you should be fine. Sitting on a phone in back pocket is not a good idea anyway. IMHO. And as they get larger, we will need to change our habits if we want the larger screen.

You got 14 days anyway, I assume, to return it. :)

6. PeterNLD1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i will just go for the plus as i need battery life very much hehe. It bothers me when i wake up around 7am my battery has less than 50% when its just around 11am ugh

7. stasha macrumors 6502

Twice a day ? Are you serious? My 6 plus can run for more than 24 hours for 2 hours of charging

8. PeterNLD1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was talking about my Galaxy S4 ;)

9. mib1800 macrumors 68020

Are you comparing screen on time on s4 with usage time on your iPhone?

You do know that they are not the same?

10. PeterNLD1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know they are not the same. I had before i iPhone 4 but that's not good to compare it with aswel.