Battery life - i5 x i7 Charts

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by novodigo, Apr 23, 2010.

1. novodigo macrumors newbie

novodigo

Great article from Anand as usual. It seems that the i7 is really hungry for battery while the i5 does a good job here.

If you want 10-12% more performance go with the i7.

If you want 10-12% more battery life go with the i5.

I keep the last one.

LINK

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Anandtech is the first place I go for a Mac review. ;) Fair, and completely subjective.

Not sure what the conclusion is on battery life though. Yes, I did read the article(s) completely, but if I only get better battery life if I don't leave certain apps open, and I remember to close all Firefox/Safari/Chrome tabs that use flash (rather than just leave a whole bunch of tabs open without thinking about it), then I may only get 4 hours of battery life?

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something from the article?

3. drayon macrumors 6502

Anand does some decent and balanced reviews, but he's a Mac newb ;-) eg "Panel Type TN (Unknown Manufacturer)" well Anand go get SwitchResX and find out and report the panel type!!!

None of these reviewers ever do any useful storage related benchmarks. For example, I care most about how a disk performs when cloning a Mac OS X system from disk to disk. I do this all the time in the real world and so should others. If one was to watch the transfer rate of a live cloning with say SuperDuper! we can see the transfer rate can be as low as 2MB/sec and slowly increase over the duration of the cloning. This data is especially useful.