Battery life improvements

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cube, Feb 9, 2013.

1. cube, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

cube macrumors G5

When will OSX be tickless and Macs have self-refreshing displays?

I'm interested in an antiglare 17" Retina cMBP with Blu Ray, standard size non-Fusion hard drive, gigabit Ethernet, ExpressCard, removable battery, non-soldered RAM, and DisplayPort 2.0, of course.

And bring Rosetta back so that one does not have to run virtualisation+emulation.

2. simsaladimbamba

Wow, when I saw the title and post, I thought a "newbie" would have done this thread.

Learnt something new today, thanks. Probably will see something like this in the next five years in OS X, though it will be more under the hood than something advertisable like Facebook integration, which is integral to proper work nowadays. ;)

As you probably know, never.

Could be possible, if the cMBP is not decommissioned.

Already in there since 2001.

Not happening, especially with Thunderbolt now.

Not happening.

RAM in the cMBP is still not soldered.

Do not know of any 2.0 specifications.

But then again, I guess you probably know the answers to most of these wishes.

Not going to happen too, but since we are here to wish, bring back proper Spaces and not that excrement called Mission Control.

3. cube thread starter macrumors G5

Well, what I wish for is 10GbE, what I meant is that I don't want any crippled garbage.

4. leman macrumors 604

If I am not mistaken, OS X has been tick-less for ages.

BTW., removable battery, ExpressCard, Blu-Ray, HDD is not going to happen. You will have to look elsewhere.