Battery life in OS X 10.8.3

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DavidBlack, Mar 16, 2013.

1. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Hi it maybe a little early to ask this but how is battery life in OS X 10.8.3 compared to 10.8.2 and 10.8.1 for be I noticed a 1 hour increase In battery life on my 2011 Macbook air 11" I just was just browsing the web with a couple youtube videos in HTML5 do flash I had 50% brightness. Also I was listening to music when I was browsing with iTunes. And with some multitasking with Mail, Notes, Reminders, Messages and battery mini logger to log the time. When I was finished I got 4:45 mins of battery life when it died. Thats up from around 3:30 mins That I would get before. Can y'all post your stats so we can compare? :)

2. infernoguy macrumors regular

infernoguy

Right now i'm at 83% with 3:20 left on a 2007 MacBook Pro (2GB Ram, Crucial M4 128GB SSD).

My standby time improved to about 9% drain every 12 hours from 13-15% drain in about the same amount of time.

Much Improved!!!

3. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

4. JPGR_Fan, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Improved on original rMBP

I'd say this is preliminary as I haven't drawn down the battery all the way yet, but the built in monitor basically shows *doubled* battery life from 3 hours to 6 hours. I feel silly for not having it checked at the store early on when I was disappointed in actual unplugged time of just under 3 hours.

Edit: I should have waited to post. I got very close to 5 hours before it would have shut down. Still a great improvement.