Battery life increased dramatically

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by djcerla, May 25, 2015.

1. djcerla macrumors 65816

djcerla

Just for curiosity, I switched off wrist recognition, so the screen no longer switches on inadvertently (it was a bit annoying sometimes).

As a consequence, battery life literally jumped. After 6 hours on my wrist, I'm at 97%, with normal usage, so battery is probably bound to last 3 full days.

I have a 42mm SS, screen brightness set at maximum. Normally, I used to charge the watch at night with about 30-40% of battery life left after a typical day with notifications, some phone calls/texts, pulse recognition during a workout and some quick "demo" for friends.

Does that action also toggle off infrared heart pulse recognition? I can't believe those huge savings come exclusively from screen not toggling on involuntarily.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I thought I would be doing the same but after a few days and having so much battery remaining, it is not worth it to me and if it comes on accidentally . . .thats life.

3. Motocrossed macrumors newbie

^This. I generally put mine on at 4:30am and take off at 10:00pm. My battery percentage has never dropped below 40%, and I use it a lot.

4. Mumbles01 macrumors regular

I didn't even think about adjusting screen brightness (I don't have mine yet)
    Can anybody tell me how much more life it sucks out of the battery if it's at max.
    Typically I keep my iPhone around 80% brightness, so I figure is be doing the same with the watch.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have mine set at 50% which I think was it default and have no problems seeing it outdoors. Even my first day and playing with my new watch a lot, it still had like 43% left at the end of the day

The battery is really not going to be an issue.

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

42mm watch here. I have mine at 2/3 brightness. More than bright enough to be seen outdoors in direct sunlight and I've never seen a number lower than 35% on the battery meter (ever; and usually more like 40+%) when warn & used 6:30am to 12:30am.

It won't last two full days, but so what. I don't sleep with it on, so I have no problem charging it at night right next to my phone. And there's more than enough power to keep going should I end up being out all day and all night in to the wee hours.

7. jwball macrumors regular

Funny thing is mine has managed two days on a single charge.

8. Ben_Dover macrumors regular

Ben_Dover

The most hours I had gotten with it fully charged was 41 hours. I slept with it on last night. Woke up to a 14% battery.
    - mute on just the haptic feedback (prominent)
    - very select notifications
    - brightness of 75%
    - 30 minutes running at 8 pace
    - regular or usual call and text use.
    - dnd at night (2200-0500)