Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
Just for curiosity, I switched off wrist recognition, so the screen no longer switches on inadvertently (it was a bit annoying sometimes).

As a consequence, battery life literally jumped. After 6 hours on my wrist, I'm at 97%, with normal usage, so battery is probably bound to last 3 full days.

I have a 42mm SS, screen brightness set at maximum. Normally, I used to charge the watch at night with about 30-40% of battery life left after a typical day with notifications, some phone calls/texts, pulse recognition during a workout and some quick "demo" for friends.

Does that action also toggle off infrared heart pulse recognition? I can't believe those huge savings come exclusively from screen not toggling on involuntarily.

Motocrossed

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I thought I would be doing the same but after a few days and having so much battery remaining, it is not worth it to me and if it comes on accidentally . . .thats life.

^This. I generally put mine on at 4:30am and take off at 10:00pm. My battery percentage has never dropped below 40%, and I use it a lot.

Mumbles01

macrumors regular
May 10, 2015
I didn't even think about adjusting screen brightness (I don't have mine yet)
Can anybody tell me how much more life it sucks out of the battery if it's at max.
Typically I keep my iPhone around 80% brightness, so I figure is be doing the same with the watch.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Can anybody tell me how much more life it sucks out of the battery if it's at max.
Typically I keep my iPhone around 80% brightness, so I figure is be doing the same with the watch.

I have mine set at 50% which I think was it default and have no problems seeing it outdoors. Even my first day and playing with my new watch a lot, it still had like 43% left at the end of the day

The battery is really not going to be an issue.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005

42mm watch here. I have mine at 2/3 brightness. More than bright enough to be seen outdoors in direct sunlight and I've never seen a number lower than 35% on the battery meter (ever; and usually more like 40+%) when warn & used 6:30am to 12:30am.

It won't last two full days, but so what. I don't sleep with it on, so I have no problem charging it at night right next to my phone. And there's more than enough power to keep going should I end up being out all day and all night in to the wee hours.

jwball

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2008
42mm watch here. I have mine at 2/3 brightness. More than bright enough to be seen outdoors in direct sunlight and I've never seen a number lower than 35% on the battery meter (ever; and usually more like 40+%) when warn & used 6:30am to 12:30am.

It won't last two full days, but so what. I don't sleep with it on, so I have no problem charging it at night right next to my phone. And there's more than enough power to keep going should I end up being out all day and all night in to the wee hours.

Funny thing is mine has managed two days on a single charge.

Ben_Dover

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
The most hours I had gotten with it fully charged was 41 hours. I slept with it on last night. Woke up to a 14% battery.
- mute on just the haptic feedback (prominent)
- very select notifications
- brightness of 75%
- 30 minutes running at 8 pace
- regular or usual call and text use.
- dnd at night (2200-0500)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.