battery life indicator wrong?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ag227, Oct 13, 2007.

1. ag227 macrumors regular

hey, ive not long had my ipod touch so i hope it improves over afew more charges. but i charged my touch fully over night 2 days ago, then used it on the train to watch 15 minutes of video, about an hour of music with the screen off, and about 20 minutes of trying to get the wifi to work. after this the battery indicator was empty and it kept saying on the screen ' battery life less than 20%' but since this has happened ive carried on using it for about another 12 hours of music, 30 minutes of video and the wifi has been on for about 4 hours. and its stil going, but stil saying the battery life is less than 20%

so i was wondering if its likely to be becuase its new and that it needs running down and charging to calibrate it like you would a notebook, or if it is faulty?

on a side note, how long does it take your touch to turn on? mine frequently stays with the apple logo on the screen for 30 seconds to a minute....

thanks

2. dairymandip macrumors member

i've had that to adn then when i charge it reaches full capacity like 20 minutes

3. ag227 thread starter macrumors regular

mine took about an hour to charge after what i just said. it doesnt bother me to much as it is an ipod, but its put me off getting the iphone when it comes out here... i like to no my phone is going to last for sure...

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Fully charge it and then fully deplete it (use a full cycle). It usually fixes itself after that. Just leave it running with a video on for a few hours in the corner or something after you fully charge it.