Battery Life iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jimfastcar1, Mar 27, 2016.

1. jimfastcar1 macrumors newbie

jimfastcar1

just purchased a 126 Pro as replacement for my Air 1
    I am finding the battery life significantly less, and have adjusted brightness on screen down to little avail
    Have been surfing for a couple of hours and battery gone from 95 to 65%. This seems a lot, any opinion please

2. Azl macrumors member

Is this the first cycle? Mine got full battery life after the first full recharge. (128gb)
    I always get at least 10h of battery life for a full charge. (sometimes even 12h depending on usage)
    But I can not compare to the Air - never had one.

3. jimfastcar1 thread starter macrumors newbie

jimfastcar1

I did not do a full cycle discharge and recharge, do you feel it is advisable ?
    I was under the impression that Li batteries perform best when charged after decline to 50%

4. Azl macrumors member

No, I meant first full recharge.
    When I got mine it showed 95% but dropped pretty quick - after the first full recharge I got full battery life.

How many hours do you get?

5. jimfastcar1 thread starter macrumors newbie

jimfastcar1

I have been plugging it in whenever I put it down, so not sure
    Guessing 6-8 hours, perhaps slightly more. I dont have empirical data, just seems to drain faster than IPad Air
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    In reading other threads it seems mine might be typical. I will try Auto Brightness to see effect

6. Azl macrumors member

That is not enough.

Right now mine shows 2hours of usage and I am on 85%
    (web browsing on wifi ~50%brightness, bluetooth on)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    Hmm, maybe I am lucky...

7. Techyguy Suspended

It seems decent for me. I use it for streaming music at work 8-10 hours. Misc surfing and email. Battery is usually below 20% by the end of work.

8. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

For some reason my older iPad mini 2 seems to last longer but will need to time it to be exact

9. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

10. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

It has been said that a full discharge/recharge cycle every so often calibrates the battery meter.

11. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

I am going to see if that helps any today. Will let mine run close to 0% and then charge it back up again. First 50% seem to drop pretty quickly and I do not have many apps on there. No Facebook either

12. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

I get 4-8 hours depending on screen brightness and my usage patterns on my 12.9 pro. I Only get 4 hours on a charge at max brightness. I have an external battery I use when I'm in bright environments. If u paint, edit photos or movies you will use battery allot faster than most users who report wonderful battery life, they are only surfing the web or watching movie, and probably at night with low brightness levels.

13. almostinsane macrumors regular