Battery life iPhone 5 8.0.2 draining fast

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by avjp87, Sep 29, 2014.

1. avjp87 macrumors newbie

anyone elses battery draining very fast now? I woke up with my phone at 100% and one hour later it was at 71%

----------

im charging my phone right now and it went from 10% to 17% and then to 8%?!?! what's going on?!?!

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I would consider mine to be normal. I put 8.0.2 on Friday and over the weekend and today everything is fine. This morning the Battery Usage is telling me it's been on standby for 2 hours 31 minutes and 1 hours 15 minutes of usage and I'm at 94%.

3. bert484 macrumors member

My iPhone 5 is draining quite a bit faster on iOS 8.02. It worked much better under iOS 7.
    Sat at airport this morning and made three calls at 100%. Within 15 minutes, down to 92%.
    On airplane for 4 hours with AP mode on and it dropped to 60%??????

This is not right.

4. anyjungleinguy macrumors regular

17% with only 3 hours and 50 minutes usage, 12ish hours standby.

Pretty ****.

5. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

probably a failing battery, especially with iphone 5

see my thread about it when i started getting it http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1659435

apple recently finally started giving free battery replacements as long as ur serial number is in their whitelist as having a defective battery..

6. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Might also want to check the actual battery usage by app. That feature comes in handy if you want to track which apps chew through the battery life.

In one 24-hour period, I saw that 96% of the battery usage occurred with one gaming app. When running that app, my battery life was probably around 3 hours. Without running that app, yesterday I saw more than 3 hours of usage, and 9 hours total, with 55% battery life left.

If anything, the battery usage on standby with iOS 8 seems to have gone down a lot, and I suspect that has to do with wi-fi calling. I'll do a more direct comparison when I have time.

7. macintoshmac macrumors 68000

macintoshmac

Like Yun0 said... there is a battery replacement program running. Mine was eligible and before the program started, I was facing serious issues (since iOS 7 beta 1 coincidentally) that my battery would arbitrarily shut off. I thought okay, software issue, waited and waited for "battery issues" to resolve. When the program started, I was like, about time, Crapple. Thanks for making me insane for a year... got replaced and waiting to go collect from the service centre. You should check too.