Battery life iPhone 5 8.0.2 draining fast

avjp87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
anyone elses battery draining very fast now? I woke up with my phone at 100% and one hour later it was at 71%

----------

im charging my phone right now and it went from 10% to 17% and then to 8%?!?! what's going on?!?!

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
I would consider mine to be normal. I put 8.0.2 on Friday and over the weekend and today everything is fine. This morning the Battery Usage is telling me it's been on standby for 2 hours 31 minutes and 1 hours 15 minutes of usage and I'm at 94%.

bert484

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
My iPhone 5 is draining quite a bit faster on iOS 8.02. It worked much better under iOS 7.
Sat at airport this morning and made three calls at 100%. Within 15 minutes, down to 92%.
On airplane for 4 hours with AP mode on and it dropped to 60%??????

This is not right.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
[/COLOR]im charging my phone right now and it went from 10% to 17% and then to 8%?!?! what's going on?!?!
probably a failing battery, especially with iphone 5

see my thread about it when i started getting it https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1659435/

apple recently finally started giving free battery replacements as long as ur serial number is in their whitelist as having a defective battery..

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Might also want to check the actual battery usage by app. That feature comes in handy if you want to track which apps chew through the battery life.

In one 24-hour period, I saw that 96% of the battery usage occurred with one gaming app. When running that app, my battery life was probably around 3 hours. Without running that app, yesterday I saw more than 3 hours of usage, and 9 hours total, with 55% battery life left.

If anything, the battery usage on standby with iOS 8 seems to have gone down a lot, and I suspect that has to do with wi-fi calling. I'll do a more direct comparison when I have time.

macintoshmac

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Like Yun0 said... there is a battery replacement program running. Mine was eligible and before the program started, I was facing serious issues (since iOS 7 beta 1 coincidentally) that my battery would arbitrarily shut off. I thought okay, software issue, waited and waited for "battery issues" to resolve. When the program started, I was like, about time, Crapple. Thanks for making me insane for a year... got replaced and waiting to go collect from the service centre. You should check too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.