Battery life is getting short...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luis4life, Feb 13, 2008.

1. luis4life macrumors member

Hey I had the Santa Rosa macbook pro since it launched, I use it everyday and even leave it open so it can work as an alarm to wake me up in the morning. Well i dunno whats going on but recently i only get 45 minutes of battery life on a full charge. Before it used to have like 4 hours. I have apple care and stuff so im thinking of calling but i hate waiting to get it replaced or fixed. anyone can help me?

Oh and one more thing, you know the button that opens the laptop screen? well the chrome is peeling off, will applecare cover that?

2. kyleaa macrumors regular

Do you have an apple store nearby? With a part like this, they will generally swap the part on the spot, or if it is not in stock, they will order it. They don't take your computer away from you, they just make you bring in the old part to swap out when you pick up the new one.

Most likely not, as this is a cosmetic issue.

3. tip macrumors 6502

tip

Have you calibrated?

Also, in System Profiler, if you go to Power, what is your Full charge capacity?

4. luis4life thread starter macrumors member

Battery Installed: Yes
    First low level warning: No
    Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 2609
    Remaining Capacity (mAh): 2363
    Amperage (mA): 523
    Voltage (mV): 12563
    Cycle Count: 192

Oh and I never calibrated.

5. tip macrumors 6502

tip

Yeah, that looks like an underperforming battery. Try calibrating and see if it gets any better. If not, take it to an Apple store.