battery life is same on 8.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Giorga, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Giorga macrumors newbie

hello guys
    when i upgraded to the ios 8.1 i hoped that battery life would be increased, but it gives me only 5.5 hours of usage on my iP5s same that was on my old iP4s, but on ios 7 i usually got almost 7 on iP5s
    how much usage do you guys get? there are people who downgrade to 8.0.2, i wonder is it good or does it make anything better?
    here's my iphones battery usage

Attached Files:

2. Greenstein macrumors member

I've never been one that's had material changes in battery life between iOS updates. However, now that 8.1 has been out for 3-4 days, I've been through multiple charge cycles, and even did a reset (and iCloud backup)...I'm seeing massive decreases in battery life on my iPhone 5S. It's night and day from 8.0 to 8.1.

I've gone through every setting, trying to minimize location services, etc but my battery will drop significantly, quickly just sitting on my desk at home 10 feet from my AirPort Extreme wifi ac router.

Any ideas on what's going on? I'm not a power user in my phone either.

3. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

Except the things you've mentioned i had also calibrated battery after updating but even it didn't helped
    All i think now is that as it appears software changes affected the hardware

4. blacksurfer macrumors regular

There's a serious battery issue on some phones. My wife iPhone 5 suddenly started to lose battery fast after upgrading to 8, 8.02 and 8.1. We tried a new battery. We're even thinking it's the phone now, but it's has to be software.

5. Giorga thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats a thing, everything started from updating to ios 8 and this battery drain is affecting only old iphones even iP5s, i think apple is doing it on purpose

6. Greenstein macrumors member

My only other thought is to reset the phone again and just set it up as a brand new phone. Then manually fix the settings, manually download apps, Etc. That's a lot of effort, plus I'd have to redo all the wifi passwords, etc.

I may consider it as this is absolutely horrible. And again for anyone that reads this, I'm not a heavy user on my phone during the day. Also, I've never has the battery issues over the years that so many others seem to have had. I'm not just griping to vent, I truly think something is wrong.