Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I have an iPhone 4S running 6.1.2. According to BatteryDoctor Pro, my battery is at 85% health, but lately my phone isn't making it through the day. I haven't installed anything new in a while. My phone rarely is used for tethering or anything intensive, mostly sending iMessages and checking Twitter. What I have installed:

Activator
AdBlocker
AppList
Avenir Light Font
ayecon
Bars
BatteryDoctor Pro
Bytafont
DietBulletin
f.lux
iFile
LowPowerBanner
NCSettings
Nitrous
NoStoreButton
PandoraSkips
Phantom
Safari Downloader
Springtomize 2
SwipeShiftCaret
TetherMe
Winterboard

I had CleverPin installed, and I thought that could be doing it, but that didn't help. Now that 6.1.3 is out I don't want to restore, so that's not an option. Any ideas are appreciated :)

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
My battery has been flopping too without anything new installed, and so has my friend's. Any insight into this?

BiigBiscuit

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2011
Ncsettings
Doubt it. Haven't noticed any issues with NCSettings across several devices.

Winterboard.
This would most likely contribute to faster battery drain. Try removing it OP and see how long your phone lasts on a full charge.

Whenever I install a tweak that may lead to higher battery drain I like to see how long my phone lasts on a full charge.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I've narrowed my bad battery life down to 6.1.2, I removed all tweaks and my battery life is still crap, should have stayed on 6.1. But nothing I can do now, unless blobs become relevant again.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
You don't happen to use the "Ride" app (app store app) do you? I had that installed on my iphone 5 and it made the battery terrible. I uninstalled it and it's been fine ever since.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Winterboard Is the most inefficient piece of software ever written.

No doubt in my mind that it is causing the problem.

KFujiwara

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
I was having minor battery issues lately as well. I found it was the latest version of BatteryDoctor Pro causing the issue, whether it be directly or as a result of a conflicting tweak. Users from the comment section of another site were reporting similar problems with the latest version specifically. Uninstall it and see what kind of results you get. It may or may not help with your device.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I was having minor battery issues lately as well. I found it was the latest version of BatteryDoctor Pro causing the issue, whether it be directly or as a result of a conflicting tweak. Users from the comment section of another site were reporting similar problems with the latest version specifically. Uninstall it and see what kind of results you get. It may or may not help with your device.

Just noticed Battery Doctor Pro was yanked from the App Store, just on hiatus till fixed?

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Just noticed Battery Doctor Pro was yanked from the App Store, just on hiatus till fixed?

It's a jailbreak tweak, not the App Store app.

As much as I like kBDP, I believe that's what caused my drain.

Also someone try tell my why winter board is the problem..all it does is essentially symbolic link to different file names/files.

I wish people wouldn't post what they THINK is the problem, with little knowledge of how it works.

everydayghost

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
Australia
Just yes.

No. TC25 is right, some people will say X is the problem, some will say Y is the problem. I have a similar setup to the OP and I can say that Winterboard has never drained my battery any faster than when it was unjailbroken. I'm a theme developer so I'm pretty Winterboard-intensive, and even then I don't notice a difference.

OP, if you really want to see if any tweaks are compromising your battery, turn them all off and use your phone normally for a day and see if the battery drains any slower. If it does, a tweak is your problem. If it doesn't, try treating your phone a bit better.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Allot of times this problem is as simple as you are actually enjoying the phone more since jailbreaking. For many they use the phone more show it off more after they jailbreak. Like the 1st day you got the phone you want to play with it! :D

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon

For me if wasn't BetteryDoctor Pro my battery life would suck lol I thought it was it that was causing battery problems, but when I uninstalled it, it just got worse...

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I have BatteryDoctorPro too and while I was thinking that may be the cause of the drain, I HIGHLY doubt it. It actually helps my battery in some ways. I don't have NCSettings, Auxo, or even Winterboard so I'm tryna figure out what have been some tweaks that are causing the drain.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
I have BatteryDoctorPro too and while I was thinking that may be the cause of the drain, I HIGHLY doubt it. It actually helps my battery in some ways. I don't have NCSettings, Auxo, or even Winterboard so I'm tryna figure out what have been some tweaks that are causing the drain.

its a tweak that drains your battery by telling you what's draining your battery. BatteryDoctorPro has battery issues and uses a lot of resources in order to gather its information thus... draining battery

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
its a tweak that drains your battery by telling you what's draining your battery. BatteryDoctorPro has battery issues and uses a lot of resources in order to gather its information thus... draining battery

But my battery with BDP at FIRST was amazing, but then something happened....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.