battery life issues after jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Ipadlover29, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else experiencing lower battery life after jailbreaking? I do realize I have been playing around with my iPad more now and also repspringing a lot more but still seems like battery life has been compromised. My 3rd gen ipod touch seems to be be fine even though it is jailbroken.

2. ronaldmcdonald macrumors member

Nope, seems to get about the same battery life here. Then again, I didn't really care much for any of those themes and other stuff, the only thing I added was installous.

3. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

No battery life issues here, as far as I can tell. What have you installed from cydia? Maybe something you installed from there could be causing your lower battery life.

4. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do have a lot apps from cydia installed. I guess I can go through all of them and see which one it is.

5. fattire357 macrumors regular

I've started to experience poor battery life as well. Although I have a new iPad, and my old battery life was so ridiculously good I wonder if it was just poorly calibrated.

6. amiga2000 macrumors newbie

I have definitely noticed a faster draining battery. Is there an app that can let me know how much power each program is using,etc? Thanks.

7. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just FYI, if your using any widgets that update every so often your going to loose battery life. In general, the jailbreak itself is not going to effect battery life it will be the some of the apps you installed via Cydia. In my experience of jail breaking since 07, themeing and live bachrounds are the most notorious battery / performance degraders.

8. bwrairen macrumors 6502

EXACTLY!!!!! I keep seeing these threads and people don't realize that jailbreaking does NOTHING to the battery life. It's the tweaks that you are adding after the jailbreak! If you have 4 or 5 apps running on the background, it will affect your battery life. Come on people!

9. Ipadlover29 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My Battery life seems to have stabilized now. I guess I was just playing around with it a lot also I have uninstalled some cydia apps I don't really need or use.

10. ethics101 macrumors regular

11. hecticsix macrumors member

+1

:cool: