Battery life issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Intranquill, May 16, 2011.

1. Intranquill macrumors newbie

Brand new 15 inch Macbook Pro 2.3GHz with 8GB of RAM and the 6750HD graphics card.

My battery life is rather short for only charging it a handful of times. It jumps between 2:40 to 3:30 remaining, and that was just with me sitting on this page!

It's a laptop, so I'm expecting battery life to be short, but from every review I've read, a solid 5 hours of web browsing and using a few applications didn't shorten the battery this bad, nor did I read of any sporadic remaining battery life statuses.

Insight would be greatful.

I have brightness at 6 below maximum, with the screen dimming when using a battery. Only Garage Band running in the background which uses only 15% of my CPU according to Activity Monitor. I have 95% idle it says we as well.

Did some searching around but all I find are random answers that don't pertain to me.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have a look on one of the guides for battery life spans.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The time remaining is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current power demands of your Mac. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

4. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Check activity monitor...you might have some program running in the background that uses alot of CPU power.