Battery life lower w/iOS4.2GM??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Pinger, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Pinger macrumors regular

Oct 12, 2010
    Not sure if it's just me but it seems the battery life on my iPad has taken a hit since going to 4.2GM.. Anyone else experiencing this also?
  2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

Oct 31, 2010
    i dont have the ipad (yet!) but from what i have rad i think that 4.2 introduces the multi-tasking which does take a big bite out of battery life
  3. lozpop macrumors 6502

Mar 6, 2006
    With beta 3 and now with the Golden Master I have the same awesome battery life that I had before.
  4. gusnyc macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2007
    New York City
    Battery evaporating...

Yes, my battery is going down much faster than before.

I am trying quitting the apps in the background (most of them are not ready for multitasking) but still, the battery doesn't seem to hold as it used to.

Anybody found a way to fix this?

5. petvas macrumors 601

Jul 20, 2006
    Mannheim, Germany
    Batter life has been more than great. It is better than beta 3 and at least as good as on 3.2.2. I am extremely happy with my iPad :)
  6. gatearray macrumors 65816

Apr 24, 2010
    Calibrating the battery by running it down to zero then charging back up to full might be a prudent course of action before necessarily hitting the panic button.

I calibrated in this way last night after a few days on GM iOS4.2 and so far so good today although ymmv.

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I need to do a calibration as well. I was fine with all the betas on battery life until the GM, now I seem to be going through battery a bit faster. I'll do a calibration this weekend and see if that tweaks it.
  8. Pinger, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

Pinger thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 12, 2010
    Not saying it is draining down in a couple hours and defintately not panicking at all, it just seems to be draining a bit faster then it did with iOS 3.2. I've been running the original factory iOS 3.2 since the day I bought it until loading iOS 4.2GM so I can't compare it to the betas only to 3.2.. I have not been shutting off the multitasked apps, that could be the culprit if they are still running in the background.
  9. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2010
    Brighton, UK