Battery life lower w/iOS4.2GM??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Pinger, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Pinger macrumors regular

Not sure if it's just me but it seems the battery life on my iPad has taken a hit since going to 4.2GM.. Anyone else experiencing this also?

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

i dont have the ipad (yet!) but from what i have rad i think that 4.2 introduces the multi-tasking which does take a big bite out of battery life

3. lozpop macrumors 6502

With beta 3 and now with the Golden Master I have the same awesome battery life that I had before.

4. gusnyc macrumors 6502

Battery evaporating...

Yes, my battery is going down much faster than before.

I am trying quitting the apps in the background (most of them are not ready for multitasking) but still, the battery doesn't seem to hold as it used to.

Anybody found a way to fix this?

Gus

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Batter life has been more than great. It is better than beta 3 and at least as good as on 3.2.2. I am extremely happy with my iPad :)

6. gatearray macrumors 65816

Calibrating the battery by running it down to zero then charging back up to full might be a prudent course of action before necessarily hitting the panic button.

I calibrated in this way last night after a few days on GM iOS4.2 and so far so good today although ymmv.

:)

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I need to do a calibration as well. I was fine with all the betas on battery life until the GM, now I seem to be going through battery a bit faster. I'll do a calibration this weekend and see if that tweaks it.

8. Pinger, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

Pinger thread starter macrumors regular

Not saying it is draining down in a couple hours and defintately not panicking at all, it just seems to be draining a bit faster then it did with iOS 3.2. I've been running the original factory iOS 3.2 since the day I bought it until loading iOS 4.2GM so I can't compare it to the betas only to 3.2.. I have not been shutting off the multitasked apps, that could be the culprit if they are still running in the background.

9. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie