Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Motawa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
i know the macbook air is not meant to be a gaming laptop, but you can play games with it(i dont want to discuss about that!)

so can anyone tell me how long it will last with a full charge brightness at around 70% and wifi on?

is it like most windows laptops who wil only run like 2 hours? or will it last longer?

i read that it has 9hours battery life but i imagine its not for gaming.

and btw, how long does it take to charge it from 0-100%?

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
Can't help much because I don't own one, but just wanted to say I also intend to run medium-level 3D games like Minecraft, Portal. From what I've seen, the Air can handle them pretty good.

Again, this doesn't answer you question but I want to affirm that nobody should complain that the Air isn't good enough blah blah. Though, not to hijack, can you tell me what games you intend to run?

Battery life will depend on which game, which settings. You'll probably want to bring your plug with you regardless.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i know the macbook air is not meant to be a gaming laptop, but you can play games with it(i dont want to discuss about that!)

so can anyone tell me how long it will last with a full charge brightness at around 70% and wifi on?

is it like most windows laptops who wil only run like 2 hours? or will it last longer?

i read that it has 9hours battery life but i imagine its not for gaming.

and btw, how long does it take to charge it from 0-100%?
It really depends on what other things you have running, what kind of game you're playing and other settings. You won't get anywhere near 9 hours with any extensive gaming, of course, and may not see 9 hours with non-gaming use. Again, it depends on the workload, which can vary greatly between users. Also, you shouldn't run your battery all the way down to 0%. You can always run with your MBA plugged in (if AC is available), especially during periods of high power demands.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

Motawa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2012
Can't help much because I don't own one, but just wanted to say I also intend to run medium-level 3D games like Minecraft, Portal. From what I've seen, the Air can handle them pretty good.

Again, this doesn't answer you question but I want to affirm that nobody should complain that the Air isn't good enough blah blah. Though, not to hijack, can you tell me what games you intend to run?

Battery life will depend on which game, which settings. You'll probably want to bring your plug with you regardless.

talking about games like portal. I will get at least 4 hours right?

i am on ipad air right know and ot has a much better resolution compared to the macbook. You think thats a big deal?

joshlalonde

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2014
Canada
I can't say, I don't have one yet.
Having a higher resolution means that the MBA would have less battery life. It doesn't need a high res display, it already has a good resolution. If you want a high resolution display, you'll lose battery but you should check out the MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.