Battery Life: Macbook Pro 2016 13" NTB VS TB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baekjh, Nov 15, 2016.

1. baekjh macrumors newbie

Hi gents,

My TB MBP 13" is on its way but I have heard about the terrible battery life with the TB version.
    How does this stack up with the non-TB version?
    Have you guys found any comparison between the two?
    I might return and switch over to NTB version if there is a marginal difference.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

2. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

It's a big difference. Check out various reviews of by Ars (down by about 1/3) and The Verge (nearly half - 5:30-6 hrs with moderate use) amongst others.

3. catalyst07 macrumors member

It would be nice of people could post here and include their processor/ram - IE 13" I5 8gb ram VS I7 16GB ram

4. JustinThiel macrumors newbie

JustinThiel

I really want to see some comparisons on the non-TouchBar 13" configurations. I haven't seen anyone posting their experience with a specced out 13" non-TouchBar.

5. Redirected macrumors member

Redirected

I have the base 13 incher with Touch bar. been using it since 2 weeks now.

Before buying, i went into the store and checked both the nTB and TB versions side by side for performance.

What i did was, i mainly work in photoshop and imovie, so i opened up a 30 sec default movie in both the machines and started processing the movie, both the files took roughly 30 seconds on both machines.

So as everyone is saying, you won't notice any difference in both the nTB or TB versions. but if you work with huge files,
    for example, you open up tonnes of data in photoshop, edit 30+ minutes of 4K videos in videos editors, you are going to start noticing the difference.

But your main work is web browsing, little bit photo editing and word processing, you arent going to see any difference and you should be good with the nTB version.

Last thing, Battery Life: There is already another thread where we are discussing this, but yea, it is terrible for many of us here. I guess it will be fixed by a software update sooner or later.

6. CaptRB macrumors 6502a

CaptRB

I'm getting good battery life with my 13" Touch Bar. Usually I get over 7 hours and I've topped 9 hours.

I don't know who needs so much battery life, but I guess some folks do.

R

7. Cache, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016

Cache macrumors regular

Define "so much battery life". Imo 5 hours with light use doesn't cut it, when up to 10 hours is advertised. Even if those 10 hours were measured under optimal conditions.

Edit: Coconutbattery shows a crazy estimated battery life remaining stat on my 13" tb (16gb). See image.

Attached Files: