battery life...normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bassistpig, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bassistpig macrumors newbie

hi, im running 1.1.2 firmware...

my battery life used to be great, but one day i turned my phone off while the battery bar was till full, and when i turned it on it became 25%...after that battery life became considerably lower,
    on light usage, no wifi, no edge, answering a few phone calls and a few smses (maybe 2 hours talk time) and maybe 1 or 2 hours of playing games, it became less than 50% at the end of the day...
    is this ok, or is my battery dying or something?

2. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

I've had one occasion when my battery bar has not dropped whatsoever and then the phone cut out completely (not altogether surprising given how much i had used it for) so a one off occasion shouldn't suggest it's failing. 50% after a little over two hours of use (with screen on etc) is probably about right. Different kinds of use will give different battery life - music playback is pretty unintensive whilst video playback is as bad as it gets. If the thing is on wifi and searching for messages throughout that time then battery life will be worse. Currently I'm just very proactive about charging my phone and it seems to work just fine.