Battery Life (not a paranoid post)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kob46, Sep 8, 2012.

1. kob46 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, like the tittle says this is not a post about being paranoid about the battery life or anything, this is just me wanting to ask the more apple expert people. My macbook pro, is a mid 2010 15 inch core i5, its been a while since i checked the battery age and using coconut battery it says its currently at 93% 6390/6900 mAh, with 237 charge cycles. Am i doing a good job at maintaining battery life or is it going a bit too fast?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're doing fine. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions:

3. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

For me, I got a new battery for my macbook pro, and its only 4 months old. Currently at 39 charge cycles and 101% charge capacity (it will usually vary between 97% and 107%, depends on the day)

Just make sure you cycle the battery occasionaly, dont plug it in all the time. I usually go out once a week and use the battery most of the way before I get back