Battery Life of New Airs

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TSE, Jun 2, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

What do you think the new battery life of the new airs will be?

If they reach an actual battery life of 7-8 hours on the 11 inch air, I will most likely choose it over the Thinkpad X220.

I for sure am getting the low end 21.5 inch iMac for University next year, and am currently waiting on deciding between the Thinkpad X220 and the refreshed Air.

2. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I don't think there will be a significant increase.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You've been here long enough to know that there's no such thing as "actual" battery life. ;)

According to Anandtech, the current version lasts over 6 hours as an overspecced typewriter (with WiFi on). ;)

I don't expect battery life to change by much at all. Still, 6 hours is really good.

If you watt

4. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

Battery life is wholly dependent on the tasks you throw at the machines.

If you can achieve a 6 hour battery life with the current MBA based on your usage, I could see you achieving a 7 hour battery life potentially with the SB MBA.

Of course, that's all also dependent on the processor/GPU combo that Apple chooses.

If they go with LV i5/i7's for the 13" - then the TDP will be 17W - less than the current LV C2D+320m (17W+12W), so they should get better battery life for most people.

However, they may choose to go with the 25W parts for better performance, and that may hinder/stagnate battery life.