Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
I've found a number of battery life comparisons between the iPad 2 and 3 but they all focus on internet browsing or playing video. Has anyone compared battery life when gaming? If so please share your results, including the name of the game and screen brightness level.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Well, we could get some idea if users posted results with the same game.

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
I've found a number of battery life comparisons between the iPad 2 and 3 but they all focus on internet browsing or playing video. Has anyone compared battery life when gaming? If so please share your results, including the name of the game and screen brightness level.

Ive been playing 'Where's my Water' at 50% brightness and the game is a battery vampire. I lose something like 15% per hour. I thought my device might have had a fault but when browsing the web Im down to only 10% per hour at 50% brightness.

My iPad 2 did a fair bit better than that

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Nobody has compared battery life while gaming because it varies wildly depending on what kind of game it is.

Well if you have and Ipad 2 and Ipad 3, just compare the same game. I would just assume most that got a 3 sold the 2, or upgraded from 1.

Quantus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
Ive been playing 'Where's my Water' at 50% brightness and the game is a battery vampire. I lose something like 15% per hour. I thought my device might have had a fault but when browsing the web Im down to only 10% per hour at 50% brightness.

My iPad 2 did a fair bit better than that

Thanks that's very helpful.

I'm curious to know how the battery performs with a game like IB II or modern combat. Anyone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.