Battery Life on Macbook Air 13 mid 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Trt740, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Trt740, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014

Trt740 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if about 4 to 5 hours for battery life while streaming music and surfing the net is about right. I bought this Macbook used and it is in mint condition. It is a mid 2011 model purchased in early 2012. It had about 66 battery cycles on it when I bought it, so I am betting it was used plugged in most of the time. I appears the battery hold about 94 percent of its original charge. I have seen other threads on this topic but not for my exact model. I discharged the battery and recharged it several times to try to get the max life back on it. My setting are keyboard at 1 bar and screen at 60 percent with bluetooth off. I am wondering if getting a new battery would help or is that a waste of money? I do have all the power saver setting on. The battery say 6020 of 6700 mAh when fully charged. Any impute would be great. Oh!one more thing. If if did get an new battery and wanted to install it myself, what is a good site to buy one from?

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

That sounds about right to me. I had a 2011 model purchased at the same time and would get about that much with a quicktime movie playing and the screen turned up at least that high last summer. My friend now has that machine and this sounds consistent to what I saw a few days ago using our computers.

I will say that my 2013 11" MBA was sucking the battery down much slower though. ;)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, that sounds like it's in the ballpark. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    You can't restore lost battery capacity. Batteries deplete over time. Fully draining your battery will only serve to shorten its life, and will not restore capacity. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

4. Trt740 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to all who posted. This really helped!